2021/2022 Dog Licenses will be available during the month of JUNE. Yellow renewal postcard reminders have been mailed out to all residents who licensed their dog(s) in the previous year.
Residents can renew:
- online; click here to renew online
- through the mail; mail renewal to: Town Clerk, 933 Hopmeadow St, Simsbury, CT 06070
- using the lock-box outside of Town Hall
- In person; M 8:30-7, T-Th 8:30-4:30 & F 8:30-1
Please note: If the rabies expiration date is highlighted on the postcard, the Town Clerk's Office will need to see an up-to-date rabies certificate (please send a copy if renewing by mail or email to firstname.lastname@example.org if renewing online).
- $8.00 - Fee to license a neutered male or spayed female dog.
- $19.00 - Fee to license a male or female dog.
- A late fee of $1 per dog will be applied each month starting in July
- We accept cash, check (made payable to “Town of Simsbury) or credit card
- An original certificate(s) from a licensed veterinarian is required when licensing a spayed or neutered dog for the first time and for proof the dog has been vaccinated against Rabies. (CGS Sec. 22-338)
- State law requires that all dog owners license their dogs with their local town clerk. All dogs 6 months or older must be licensed and wear a collar and tag at all times.
- Do not use a tag on any dog other than the one described in the license for that tag number.
- You are liable for damage done by your dog, including damage to shrubs, flowers, or trees.
- A dog without a tag is presumed to be unlicensed and is not protected by law.
- Owners of roaming dogs are liable to prosecution.
If you no longer have a dog that you licensed during the past year, please call to let us know at 860.658.3243 or email email@example.com.
Click the attachment BELOW to download a Dog License Application.