Appointed by the Simsbury Board of Selectmen, the Community for Care Committee was formed to bring town and school officials together with community members to discuss, communicate and problem-solve issues of mental health and substance abuse in our community. The committee meets four times each year.
The Community for Care brings town and school officials together with community members to discuss, communicate and problem-solve issues of mental health and substance abuse in the Simsbury community. The group provides resources that can give those in need the support they need to face challenges. For more information, call the Simsbury Social Services Department at 860-658-3283.
If you are in a life threatening situation,
dial 9-1-1 immediately.
If you are in crisis,
dial 2-1-1 in Connecticut.
Outside Connecticut call the
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
For more information, click on these links:
- Local Resources for Substance Abuse and Mental Health
- Social Services
- Simsbury Police Department
- Medication Drop Box
- A Parent’s Guide for the Prevention of Alcohol, Tobacco and Other Drug Use
- National Resources for Help
- Simsbury Board of Education Policy (Policy # 5146.4)
- Links: Legal Consequences, Parent's Guide
- Crime Victim's Guide
- Allies in Recovery website
For more information contact:
Kristen Formanek - Director of Community and Social Services, (860) 658-3283
Susan Homrok-Lemke - Assistant Superintendent of Pupil Services, (860) 658-3873
Nick Boulter - Police Chief, (860) 658-3100