> Contact Info <
The Department of Public Works is comprised of four divisions - Administrative, Highway, Buildings and Grounds Maintenance and Water Pollution Control. Activities cover a range of municipal projects from drainage, paving, landscaping and maintenance to involvement in forecasting the needs for capital improvement. The Department has a combined staff of 39 and operates over a three million dollar budget. A large portion of this budget is funded by user fees for waste water treatment and residential properties. The Administrative Division, is responsible for budget preparation and control, operation planning, contracting / purchasing and personnel, and manages various Capital Improvement projects.
The Highway Divison provides road maintenance, drainage work, street sweeping, leaf pickup, constructs walking paths, snow plowing and other maintenance services.
Buildings and Grounds Maintenance
The Building and Grounds Maintenance Division is responsible for the maintenance of six Town buildings, six rental properties, a barn, two well water distribution systems and the Old Tariffville Cemetery. The Department provides set up and cleaning services for activities related to community use of Town facilities.
|Thomas J. Roy, P.E.||Director of Public Works||860-658-3222|
|Kevin Clemens||Highway Superintendent||860-658-3222|
|Mark Rustic||Supervisor Buildings & Grounds||860-658-3222|
|Patricia LaBissoniere||Administrative Secretary||860-658-3222|
- Bulky Waste / Recycling
- Curbing Policy
- Eno Memorial Hall - Decoration Guidelines
- Eno Memorial Hall - Usage Rates
- Eno Memorial Hall - Use Guidelines - July 2010
- Leaf Collection 2014
- Mailbox Winter Survival
- Pavement Management Program Overview
- Pavement Management Program Review 2010-2012
- Paving Schedule 2014
- Public Bids and RFP's
- Snow Plow Ride-Along Program Information & Application
- Snow Removal Operations
- Tree Policy 2013
News & Announcements
- Household Hazardous Waste Collection, Saturday, Nov. 1, 2014
- The Simsbury Scoop is here!
- Simsbury Establishments Win as Part of the Farmington Valley Visitors Association Awards
- Town of Simsbury Seeks Candidates for Unaffiliated Position on Board of Ethics
- Simsbury's Community for Care provides resources to parents to address drug and alcohol issues among young people