> Contact Info <
Hours of Operation
Mon - 8:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Tues - Thurs - 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Fri - 8:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
The Social Services Department provides assistance for residents with social, emotional, and economic needs of every kind. Our services help residents achieve self-sufficiency, maintain economic well-being and adjust to difficult circumstances and events in their lives. Like Simsbury itself, our services have grown and changed over the years. Today, our major program areas include services to families, youth, seniors and persons with disabilities.
Each year, the Social Services Department provides service to Simsbury individuals and families through programs which include: Financial Assistance, Medical Assistance, Counseling, Food Programs, Holiday Programs, Emergency Shelter, Eviction Assistance, Landlord/Tenant Mediation, Energy Assistance, Renter’s Rebate Program, Trigger Lock Program, Information, Referrals and Notary services. In addition, we offer many services to our seniors and persons with disabilities through the Senior Center, Senior Outreach Program, and the Dial-A-Ride Program.
- Crime Victim's Guide
- Crime Victim's Rights
- Dial-A-Ride Registration Application
- Donations Needed
- Emergency Cell Phones
- Energy Assistance
- Food Programs
- Medical Assistance Program (MAP)
- Mental Health Assistance
- Mental Health Resource List
- Mobile FoodShare Schedule (January-December 2015)
- North Central Regional Mental Health Board, Inc (NCRMHB)
- Other Social Services Programs
- SNAP Application Assistance
- SNAP/Food Stamps
- Senior Center
- Senior Job Bank
- Simsbury Rental Properties
- Social Services Staff
- United Way's Free Information and Referral Service